Average Participant Satisfaction Ratings in PACE

In addition to providing high-quality care, PACE organizations work to ensure participant satisfaction. One of the instruments that PACE organizations use to assess participant satisfaction is the I-SAT survey. This Integrated Satisfaction tool collects information on a variety of measures. One of the two measures that NPA focuses on is how satisfied participants are with PACE. Between 2012 and 2016, PACE participants gave PACE programs an average rating of 4.02 out of a possible 5.

A PDF version of the chart is available.


 

Who Would Recommend PACE?

The second measure of the I-SAT survey that NPA focuses on asks participants if they would recommend PACE to a close friend or relative. This chart reflects the yearly percentage of those who would recommend PACE. Between 2012 and 2016, the number of organizations that utilized the I-SAT survey varied between 16 and 20, representing about 18 percent of PACE organizations.

A PDF version of the chart is available.


 

PACE Voluntary Quarterly Disenrollment Rates

While less than 20 percent of PACE organizations utilize the I-SAT survey to assess satisfaction, virtually all report on disenrollment rates on a quarterly basis. The rates are broken out into two categories: involuntary and voluntary disenrollments. Involuntary disenrollments are due to a participant’s death 99 percent of the time. The remaining 1 percent often is attributed to ineligibility to participate in the program due to state guidelines, unsafe behavior, or relocation outside the service area of a PACE organization. Voluntary disenrollments may be attributed to dissatisfaction with the quality or quantity of PACE services, preference for a participant’s own physician, financial challenges, or a dissatisfaction with the network of provider options. The average quarterly disenrollment rate between 2010 and 2016 was 2.17 percent.

A PDF version of the chart is available.

Back to Top