CarePartners PACE Program
Posting Date: July 17, 2023
Posting Expiration Date: June 25, 2024Contact:
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Recreation Therapist CarePartners PACE Program opening with CarePartners today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
CarePartners, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.\
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Recreation Therapist CarePartners PACE Program for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the supervision of the Day Center Supervisor, and as a member of the interdisciplinary team, assess the needs, interests and capabilities of participants and develops individualized therapeutic recreation plans. In addition, plans, organizes, directs and participates in a comprehensive therapeutic wellness program tailored to the general and individualized needs and limitations of frail elderly program participants. Provide leadership, supervision and support to the program assistants in delivering whole person health (Vocational, Emotional, Intellectual, Physical, Social and Spiritual)
- Bachelor's degree in therapeutic recreation or recreation with a therapeutic concentration
- Required License: Valid RT License in NC, Current Therapeutic Recreation Certification (CTRC)
- Valid NC Driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years working with a frail or elderly population.
- 2 years’ experience in a social or recreational program providing and coordinating services for the frail or elderly within the last 5 years, one of which was full time in a patient activities program within a health care setting.
- Creative ability to plan, develop and implement varied activities to meet diversified needs and ages from 55 to 100+
- Experience in devising programs in all 6 dimensions of wellness
- Two (2) years of experience working on an interdisciplinary team in a hospital, nursing home or community-based setting is preferable.
- Working knowledge of recreational therapy techniques and practices of the elderly including assessment, care plan development, monitoring and evaluation needs.
- Working knowledge of physical, psychosocial and behavioral needs of the elderly population and aging process; experience with end-of-life care or death and dying preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and experience working with teams and volunteers
- Good working knowledge of dementia disease process
- Ability to maintain accurate records and to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Good public speaking skills with all size groups.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
Medical Clearance: Employees must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
CarePartners Health Services is a healthcare organization serving western North Carolina and offering a full continuum of post-acute care. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, CarePartners provides compassionate post-acute care, including rehabilitation, home health, adult care, hospice and palliative care. CarePartners also offers a full acute care rehabilitation hospital. With more than 1,200 colleagues and 400 volunteers, CarePartners Health Services is dedicated to helping people of western North Carolina live full and productive lives, despite illness, injury, disability or issues related to aging. CarePartners Health Services is a member of Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Recreation Therapist CarePartners PACE Program opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.