Services of a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE®) may include, but are not limited to, the options listed below.
PACE covers all Medicare Parts A, B and D benefits, all Medicaid-covered benefits, and any other services or supports that are medically necessary to maintain or improve the health status of PACE program participants.
At the PACE center, participants receive primary care, therapy, meals, recreation, socialization and personal care. In the home, PACE offers skilled care, personal care supportive services, and supports such as ramps, grab bars, and other tools that facilitate participant safety. In the community, PACE offers access to specialists and other providers.
PACE combines the intensity and personal touch of a provider with the coordination and efficiency of a health plan. Members of the interdisciplinary team deliver much of the care directly so they can monitor participants’ health and respond quickly with any necessary changes.
Adult Day Health Center
- On-Site Physician/Medical Supervision
- Nursing Care
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Activities & Exercise
- Nutritional Counseling
- Social Services
- Women's Services
- Dentistry and Dentures
- Optometry and Eye Glasses
- Audiology and Hearing Aids
- Podiatry, Diabetic Shoes and Orthotics
- Lab Tests
- Outpatient Surgery
Primary Care Provider
- The primary care provider gives routine immunizations, treats injury and illness, and refers participants to specialists when needed.
- On call 24 hours per day, seven days per week
Home Health and Home Care Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Personal Care
- Chore Services
- Meal Preparation
- Emergency Room Visits
- Inpatient Specialist
- Skilled Inpatient Rehab
- PACE drivers ensures safe door-to-door travel between a participant’s home and the PACE center, as well as other health care appointments.
Prescriptions and Over-the-Counter Medications
- PACE provides all medically necessary medications without co-payments
- PACE organizations offer Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage.
If you are in a PACE program, you don’t need to join a separate Medicare drug plan. If you do, you will lose your PACE health and prescription drug benefits.
Family/Caregiver Support Services
- Respite Care & Caregiver Education
Rehabilitation and Durable Medical Equipment
- Hospital Beds
- Diabetic Testing Supplies
- Adult Day Care
PACE also includes all other services determined necessary by your team of healthcare professionals to improve and maintain your overall health.