East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
Posting Date: January 30, 2024
Posting Expiration Date: March 31, 2024
As a Nurse in our NEIGHBORHOOD PACE Program, you will be part of a dynamic Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and work in an innovative model of care with proven positive impacts on helping older adults stay healthy, independent and active in a community health setting. We have one of the longest standing PACE Programs nationwide (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) and are part of an excellent organization that is one of the largest community health centers in the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the general oversight, assessment, planning, and construction of the nursing care delivered to the participant.
- Assess a patient through obtaining history, performing appropriate tests, making or collecting observations from the participant and caregivers, and consulting with other members of the IDT.
- Teaches patients and families health care regimens. Explains and provides information regarding disease and wellness, tests, results, medications, diet, exercise, and other aspects of the plan of care to patients.
- Safely and effectively administers medications, tests and treatments as ordered.
- Manages the refills of all patient medications with appropriate authorization by the provider.
- Provide and coordinate health teaching required by individuals, families and groups to maintain the optimal possible level of health.
- Completes biannual and status change nursing assessments for an assigned panel of participants in accordance with Care Planning Policy and documents problems, goals & interventions in the participant’s care plan.
- Utilizes Assessment tools including but not limited to PACE Nurse Assessment and Medication Management to collect data.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred.
- Current Massachusetts license in nursing.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in ambulatory, home health, hospital or sub-acute setting preferred, equivalent training or related experience considered.
- A minimum of one year experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Prior experience in interdisciplinary team setting a plus.
If interested, please apply here.